Sri Sumukhi Rajasekharan Memorial Foundation conducts “Kala Poshakam” (Monthly Concerts). This is a Free Slot and Platform to Talented Musicians (above 18 years of Age - Youth & Elders) - Solo / Duo / Group from Chennai & all over India to showcase their talent in the field of Carnatic Vocal Music & Carnatic Instrumental Music.
Only Applications for Carnatic Vocal Music & Carnatic Instrumental Music will be entertained for the Month of September, October & November - 2019.
We, the “Mylapore Trio” & Sugathan (Founders of SRMF - Kalakshetra Alumni & Cultural Ambassadors of Mylapore) conduct “Kala Poshakam” from our own hard earned resources (without any Sponsorship), in memory of Our Foster Parents & Philanthropists Sri. Rajasekharan and Smt. Sumukhi & Patron - Grand Mother Smt. Nagammal, to promote Artists and Art Forms.
Travel, Boarding & Lodging, Incidental & Miscellaneous Expenditure must be borne by the Artists and Remuneration will not be given by the Foundation. If the Terms are agreeable to the Artists, they are welcome to Apply.
Applications will be reviewed by a Panel of Experts & Finalized by the “Mylapore Trio” & Sugathan and the Shortlisted Performers will alone be intimated. 1hr.15mins Time Slot will be allotted to the selected Artist to Perform.
September to November - 2019 Monthly “Kala Poshakam” Dates are:
22nd September (Sunday)
13th October (Sunday)
23rd November (Saturday)
Interested Artists must Email the details only in the APPLICATION FORMAT given below
Email id - firstname.lastname@example.org
(Hardcopies will not be entertained)
APPLICATION FORMAT (Sample given below)
Sub: – Application for the Monthly Concerts “KALA POSHAKAM” 2019.
SRI SUMUKHI RAJASEKHARAN MEMORIAL FOUNDATION, CHENNAI.
1. A Request Letter addressed to the Secretary, mentioning the Preferred Month.
2. Name of the Artist – Solo / Duo / Group
3. Name of the Art Form – Carnatic Vocal Music / Carnatic Instrumental Music
4. Date of Birth & Bio-data with Profile (Only in MS-Word Format)
6. Contact Mobile Number
7. Recent Performance Photos with High Resolution (Only JPEG Format)
8. Recent Video clippings or YouTube Links
9. Guru’s Name, Address & Contact Number
10. Recommendation Letter / Testimonial from your Guru
Applications without the above mentioned Details & Format will be Rejected.
· Applications will be reviewed by a Panel of Experts and Finalized by the “Mylapore Trio” & Sugathan and only shortlisted Performers will be intimated.
· A Free Slot of 1hr.15mins will be provided to the selected Artists.
· Two Slots per Evening.
· First Slot - 5.30pm to 6.45pm. & Second Slot - 7.00pm to 8.15pm.
· For Carnatic Vocal Music / Instrumental Music Concert. (Orchestra at your expense)
· Travel, Boarding & Lodging, Incidental & Miscellaneous Expenditure must be borne by the Artists and Remuneration will not be given by the Foundation.
· If the above Terms are agreeable to the Artists, they are welcome to Apply.
We look forward to your participation.
Founders of SRI SUMUKHI RAJASEKHARAN MEMORIAL FOUNDATION.
“The Mylapore Trio” - (Kalakshetra Alumni & Cultural Ambassadors of Mylapore)
President - S. Surendranath, MFA., - Creative Director. (Mobile: 9382698811)
Vice-President - S. Amarnath, Ph.D., - Professor of History. (Mobile: 9381038385)
Treasurer - S. Aparna, ACA., - Chartered Accountant. (Mobile: 9380698811)
Secretary - M. Sugathan, MA., - Classical Dancer & Journalist. (Mobile: 9791127255)
Our Website: www.srimylaporetrio.in
Our Blog: www.srimylaporetrio.blogspot.in
Social Networking Site - Facebook: srimylaporetrio
New No. 5, Old No. 3, 1st Floor, Third Trust Link Street,
Mandavelipakkam, Chennai – 600028. Tamil Nadu, India.
(Near Santhome High Road ICICI Bank & Sub-Registrar Office)
APPLICATION FORMAT - Sample